IMPORTANT NOTICE – CONDITION OF ENTRY
The Para Hills Bowling Club continues to operate under relevant health directions during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are very fortunate that as a community and a sport we have been able to resume our 2020 trading without too many limitations on our operations and honestly we have been overwhelmed and humbled by the support we have received so far.
The SA Government has updated it’s current COVID-19 restrictions meaning that from midnight 4 August 2020:
• Patrons must be seated when eating and/or drinking inside or directly outside the club venue.
• Food and beverage can be purchased from a service area within the club and then taken to a table.
• Patrons cannot stand or sit at the bar.
Food and beverage can continue to be purchased at our events, however while food and non-alcoholic beverages can be consumed while standing, alcoholic beverages must be consumed while seated.
We have configured the seating within the club to abide by 1.5 m between tables and meet our current density limits. We ask that all patrons collect their food and drinks and return to a table to consume. Please do not push tables together to create larger groups or move chairs between tables.
Please remember, sanitise your hands upon entry to the club and to social distance from others while lining up to order food and drinks.
A reminder also that our club is run entirely by volunteers, if someone asks you to abide by these rules please do so politely as we are only doing what we must to continue trading. By working together to ensure we adhere to these mandatory restrictions we will make our club as safe as possible during these challenging times.
Thank you all in advance for your cooperation.
Dumping and Dropping of Bowls Policy
Our greens are the Clubs most valuable asset and need to be protected from any damage. A major risk comes from bowls that are dropped from the bank or dumped during delivery from a height that has the potential to dent the green’s surface.
Dumped or Dropped Bowls Definition
Bowls that are dropped or dumped in the delivery, from a height of more than 15 cm (6 inches) are considered to have the potential to cause damage to the green.
The identification and available support for Para Hills Bowlers who are having difficulty complying with this definition is as follows;
- The Management Board has appointed Club Umpires and Coaches to identify members who appear to be having difficulty complying with the requirements of the definition. These members will be approached and requested to seek coaching assistance to correct their delivery.
- Various ways to rectify the problem of “dumping” may be tried and may include;
a. Videoing the delivery to identify the exact nature of the problem,
b. Changing the bowlers stance, at the point of delivery, so that the bowl is released low enough,
c. Using a supporting stick, with a 75 mm rubber base, to assist with balance,
Encouraging the bowler to obtain the temporary use (one month) of an approved bowling arm available at the club, before the bowler makes a personal purchase of a suitable bowling arm.
- Bowlers refusing to accept that they are “dumping” and refuse assistance as set out above will be denied access to the greens and advised of this by correspondence endorsed by the Club President.
- Bowlers who personally recognise they are having difficulty delivering their bowls smoothly from a height of less than 15 cm (6 inches) are urged to seek assistance from one of the Club Coaches.
All bowlers, including visiting bowlers, and social bowlers utilising the Para Hills Bowling Club’s greens are subject to the requirements of this policy. Those managing this policy are asked to adopt an emphatic common-sense approach when called upon to adjudicate. Seeking a solution to the issue is of most importance. Our intention is to strive to keep all bowlers on the green.