Elimination of Dumping and Dropping Bowls Policy
Our greens are the Clubs most valuable asset and need to be protected from any damage. A major risk comes from bowls that are dropped from the bank or dumped during delivery from a height that has the potential to dent the green’s surface.
Dumped or Dropped Bowls Definition
Bowls that are dropped or dumped in the delivery, from a height of more than 15 cm (6 inches) are considered to have the potential to cause damage to the green.
The identification and available support for Para Hills Bowlers who are having difficulty complying with this definition is as follows;
- The Management Board has appointed Club Umpires and Coaches to identify members who appear to be having difficulty complying with the requirements of the definition. These members will be approached and requested to seek coaching assistance to correct their delivery.
- Various ways to rectify the problem of “dumping” may be tried and may include;
a. Videoing the delivery to identify the exact nature of the problem,
b. Changing the bowlers stance, at the point of delivery, so that the bowl is released low enough,
c. Using a supporting stick, with a 75 mm rubber base, to assist with balance,
Encouraging the bowler to obtain the temporary use (one month) of an approved bowling arm available at the club, before the bowler makes a personal purchase of a suitable bowling arm.
- Bowlers refusing to accept that they are “dumping” and refuse assistance as set out above will be denied access to the greens and advised of this by correspondence endorsed by the Club President.
- Bowlers who personally recognise they are having difficulty delivering their bowls smoothly from a height of less than 15 cm (6 inches) are urged to seek assistance from one of the Club Coaches.
All bowlers, including visiting bowlers, and social bowlers utilising the Para Hills Bowling Club’s greens are subject to the requirements of this policy. Those managing this policy are asked to adopt an emphatic common-sense approach when called upon to adjudicate. Seeking a solution to the issue is of most importance. Our intention is to strive to keep all bowlers on the green.
The 2019 Christmas Gathering for Para Hills Bowling Club members and their guests will be held at the club on Friday 20 December 2019 commencing at 6.30 PM. Members are requested to observe the following;
- Entry fee will be $5.00 which includes a strip of raffle ticket numbers.
- Free beer, wine and soft drink will be served from 6.30 pm until 8.00 pm.
- There will be raffles throughout the night.
- Entertainment to be provided.
- Attendees are requested to bring a plate, not an empty one, but one stacked with fine food that may be shared with other attendees.
As in the past this is sure to be a great night. A night where members can let their hair down and enjoy the company of fellow members and their guests. All members are encouraged to attend. See you there.
PHBC Division 3 North Premiers 2018 / 2019
Congratulations to the Para Hills bowlers for taking out the Division 3 North Premiership.
PHBC Division 7 North Premiers 2018 / 2019